You have 0 items saved in "My Favorites"
Use "My Favorites" to collect pages and downloads that you would like to keep in one place. To store a page, click on the "Add to My Favorites" button at the top of the page. To store a download, click on the plus button next to the download link. My Favorites will be saved for seven days.
Workforce And Training
Highly Skilled Workforce
- “The quality of the candidates has far exceeded our expectation here. We can get good people here.” – Richard Broome, Executive Vice President, Hertz
- “It actually wasn’t a difficult decision to come here. We needed a place where the administrative staff we hired was extremely educated. One of the problems in other parts of the country is that people are under-educated for the kind of jobs that we require. In Southwest Florida, I would say that they are over-educated for what we need — and we thought that was fabulous. …We really enjoy being a part of this community.” – Phil Heasley, President and CEO, ACI Worldwide
- Our region has experienced tremendous growth in the past fifteen years; a key part of that growth can be attributed to the human and intellectual capital that exist in our area. Currently, the Southwest Florida region features a workforce in excess of 500,000.
Training to Support and Enhance
- We are committed to expanding the opportunities available to our professionals. CareerSource Southwest Florida, our local CareerSource Florida Network partner, has tailored training programs for both new and expanding companies and developed a comprehensive resource for programs and services offered by CareerSource Southwest Florida and their regional education and economic development partners to assist businesses address their recruitment, training and retention challenges, Southwest Florida Business Workforce Guide.
- There is a strong focus to connect the business community and education systems. This includes internship and apprenticeship programs with the school districts, technical schools, colleges, and universities.